At Amington Heath Primary School we offer nursery provision for children from 2 years of age.
Children age 2 start in Little Learners - a self contained nursery unit.
From the term after their third birthday, children move into Nursery 2 which prepares them for Reception by beginning to intergrate them into some aspects of school life.
All nursery children benefit from our fantastic specialist music and PE provision.
Nursery sessions are £15 for a half day or £30 for a full day.
All children are entitled to 15 hours (or 5 half days) free childcare from the term after their 3rd birthday.
Working parents in Staffordshire could receive 30 hours a week of funded childcare for their 3 and 4 year old children.
The 30 hours childcare offer doubles the existing 15 hours childcare funding currently available to all 3 and 4 year olds and could save working families up to £5,000 a year.
What's the criteria?
Each parent (or lone parent) earns at least the minimum equivalent of 16 hours a week at the national minimum wage or national living wage, this equates to earning at least:
- £120 per week (or £6000 a year) for each parent aged 25 years and older.
- £112.80 per week (or £5800 a year) for each parent aged 21-24 years
Some two-year olds are entitles to 15 hours free.
Are we eligible?
If the family claims any one of the following, the answer is yes:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Child Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (CTC)
- Working Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (WTC)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have a net annual household earnings below £15,400 (this means your take-home pay from any paid employment, after Income Tax and NI contributions have been deducted)
Two year olds are also eligible if they:
- Have a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC) *
- Attract Disability Living Allowance (DLA) *
- They are Looked after by their Local Authority
- Have left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order *
Please contact school if you would like more information or help in applying for a funded place.