At Amington Heath Primary School we offer nursery provision for children from 2 years of age.
Children age 2 start in Little Learners - a self contained nursery unit.
From the term after their third birthday, children move into Nursery 2 which prepares them for Reception by beginning to intergrate them into some aspects of school life.
Nursery sessions are £15 for a half day or £30 for a full day.
All children are entitled to 15 hours (or 5 half days) free childcare from the term after their 3rd birthday.
Working parents in Staffordshire could receive 30 hours a week of funded childcare for their 3 and 4 year old children.
The 30 hours childcare offer doubles the existing 15 hours childcare funding currently available to all 3 and 4 year olds and could save working families up to £5,000 a year.
What's the criteria?
Each parent (or lone parent) earns at least the minimum equivalent of 16 hours a week at the national minimum wage or national living wage, this equates to earning at least:
- £120 per week (or £6000 a year) for each parent aged 25 years and older.
- £112.80 per week (or £5800 a year) for each parent aged 21-24 years
Some two-year olds are entitles to 15 hours free.
Are we eligible?
If the family claims any one of the following, the answer is yes:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Child Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (CTC)
- Working Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (WTC)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit and have a net annual household earnings below £15,400 (this means your take-home pay from any paid employment, after Income Tax and NI contributions have been deducted)
Two year olds are also eligible if they:
- Have a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC) *
- Attract Disability Living Allowance (DLA) *
- They are Looked after by their Local Authority
- Have left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order *
Please contact school if you would like more information or help in applying for a funded place.