Catering staff know the likes and dislikes of the individual children and are able to cater for individual needs and allergies.
There are a variety of options available every day including a variety of sandwich options.
The menu is set by Chartwells catering who provide our school catering contract.
All pupils in Reception, Year One and Year Two have been eligible for ‘Universal Free School Meals’ and are able to have a free school meal every day.
All pupils in KS2 must pay for their school meals at a cost of £2.30 per day.
Your child may be eligible for free school meals – and accordingly pupil premium – if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
- Universal credit
– even if they take a packed lunch – as this enables them to claim pupil premium. Please see Mrs Edwards at the school office to register your child as eligible or apply using the following link.
If you prefer, you are more than welcome to send your child with a packed lunch. We ask that paretns choose healthy options for packed lunches. More information can be found here.
Foods to avoid or limit:-
• Crisps, cakes and plain biscuits
• Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat and sausages. These items should be included in packed lunches no more than once per week.
Packed lunches should not include any of the following:-
• Fizzy/sugary drinks in cartons, bottles or cans (including diet or energy drinks which can contain high levels of caffeine and other additives which are not suitable for children)
• Confectionary such as chocolate bars and sweets
• Chocolate spread as sandwich filling
• Peanuts and peanut products